UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 

Should Kvatch Be Rebuilt
YES 82%  82%  [ 27 ]
NO 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Who Cares 18%  18%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 33
 Post subject: Kvatch should be rebuilt
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:27 am 
Layman
Layman

I dot see why Kvatch doesnt get rebuilt. I mean you go through the game long after you did the Kvatch missions and yet it is still on fire and not even a brick has been relaid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:13 am 
Layman
Layman

Who thinks it would be a good idea to rebuild Kvatch. This would also make a good quest to go around various cites and find people willing to help rebuild Kvatch. Plus I've always wanted to know what it looks like when it hasnt been destroyed. Also if you have any ideas on new things Kvatch should have please say. :)

Post subject: Kvatch Additions
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:18 am 
Associate
Associate

Imagine during the reconstruction of Kvatch, they decided to add a "Monster Zoo" if you will within the city walls, and there was a quest for your character to go out and capture one of each species; maybe you're supplied with a weapon enchanted with a very strong 'paralyze' ability to knock out the creatures. That would in turn be your prize for completing the task (along with a hefty cash reward of course :lol: ).

But what do I know.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:37 am 
Yeah, that would definately be awesome. After they rebuild you'd probably be made Count of Kvatch or something.

Post subject: Re: Kvatch Additions
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:19 am 
Guardian
Guardian

Jatleby wrote:
maybe you're supplied with a weapon enchanted with a very strong 'paralyze' ability to knock out the creatures.

Or better yet get them to chase you all the way to the cage, then dodge the monster inside, escape the cage and lock it? ;)

People sang before long
They had enough of his full crescent moons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:02 am 
Layman
Layman

I like Jatleby's idea. A zoo with all the creatures of Cyrodiil. This zoo would probally have to go underground aswell because there are a vast amount of creatures in Cyrodiil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:30 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I really like the Scott's idea of having to get Kvatch rebuilt (ie it not just regenerating naturally as part of the game).

Not too sure about the zoo, I don't partics like zoos in real life, and at what point does it stop being a zoo, and become a viewing jail? Alot of the "monsters" appear to be sentient. The idea of a zoo just makes me slightly uneasy, even in a totally fictitious game.

But then considering I run around the game slaughtering them all, I guess I shouldn't be such a hypocrite!

And of course I wouldn't have to do that quest line if I chose not to.

So yes, I'll shutup on this subject now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:57 pm 
Novice
Novice

Anonymous wrote:
Yeah, that would definately be awesome. After they rebuild you'd probably be made Count of Kvatch or something.

I'd imagine that being the Count would be pretty boring. You'd spend all your time making administrative decisions about farmland and ajudicating disputes between peasants. Not the sort of thing that heroic fantasy is made out of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:44 am 
Initiate
Initiate

As a count you could also try to enlarge your property, by taking land from other counts and stuff. And you could train your own guard by fighting them. Or you just kill the count of Skingrad, and take his land, along with your own. Some of the ruins on your land you clear of enemy's, and you make them a place for people to live in. Just to name a few ideas :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:21 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Now why does that conjure up (rather disturbing!) images of derelict forts kitted out with Laura Ashley curtains......

I image they'd prob be pretty damp to live in too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:33 am 
Guardian
Guardian

Actually the moment it is clear there will be no emperor and Cyrodiil has no power over other provinces, land of Cyrodiil being divided between other provinces, as a count of Kvatch, right in the middle of "influence zones" of Elsweyr, Valenwood, Hammerfell, with separatist native Colovians, remains of the Empire... the political situation there would be pretty... interesting.

Solving disputes between peasants is what a count does during peace. There will be no peace in Cyrodiil for quite a while yet.

People sang before long

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:18 pm 
Novice
Novice

bmwsedee wrote:
As a count you could also try to enlarge your property, by taking land from other counts and stuff. And you could train your own guard by fighting them. Or you just kill the count of Skingrad, and take his land, along with your own. Some of the ruins on your land you clear of enemy's, and you make them a place for people to live in. Just to name a few ideas :)

I'd imagine that kind of thing would be frowned upon by the council. In a time when they're fighting to retain control of their provinces, I'd imagine that any inter-count land grabs would be squashed immediately and the offending count would find himself executed for treason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:20 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Can't you just "do something" about that whole counsil? I mean, you can at least try to bribe (or blackmail :twisted:) them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:04 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

Yes. You can ally with rebels of one (or more) of the provinces. Or assassinate them. Or just mess in the interracial affairs a little bit, enough to create unrest that will require their full attention and make them unable to dispatch any forces to stop you. Or gather an army and march against the Imperial City, naming yourself the new emperor...

Nice?

People sang before long

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:07 pm 
Who cares? What did Kvatch do for you besides have Martin Septim in it? NOTHING!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:09 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Sounds like a good idea, it could be a pretty good choice for the next official patch!
Don't really know how it would work, but one idea is to talk to Chancellor Ocato and the counts, and ask them for money and/or men to rebuild Kvatch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:42 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

of course, Kvatch should have its very own Arena, like it did.
As the count, you could organise fights. Perhaps even fix the fights :twisted:
for the quest, well, run around, get builders, some funds have to come out of your own pocket and the rest from the Council. I mean, with all the daedric artifacts captured after the invasion, they have the money!
Also, a rebuilt city has to be populated. You get the new settlers. And get trainers for the guard. Get some Mages and Fighters Guild members to settle in Kvatch. Of course DB and thieves guild members as well, if u so wish...

After that, prolly some follow up missions about public disturbances. Like, a sick pervert wandering the streets, or an orc claiming to be a knight (waitwait thats been covered, right?) and some other weird stuff that the guard isnt able to or doesnt want to solve themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:39 am 
Associate
Associate

I don't think they should rebuild it, just throw some water on the fires and make it a little bit more pretty. Then rebuild it. The land grab would be cool, but I doubt its going to happen. I'm sure the 15 or so people in Kvatch make the rest of Cyrodil shiver endlessly.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]