UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Problem in CS, can't select with mouse or move
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:21 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Hi, I am very new here, but I'm looking for feedback on a problem I've encountered in the Morrowind CS.

I've a little experience in the CS, been making basic house mods for myself for a few years (I'm a compulsive in-game-collector of junk and like to show it off). I've just reloaded Morrowind (GOTY) after two years or so playing Fallout 3 and Oblivion and a few other bits and pieces ('cause MW still kicks their behinds, my favourite game of all time by far) and have been making myself a huge house-mod for about a week, is turning out great, but I loaded up the CS today and encountered a problem:

I can't select an object in the render window with the mouse and I can't move an object.

I can select by dragging the mouse over an obect, but still can't move anything. It will move around to view at different angles and stuff.

I'd be grateful to hear if anyone's had a similar problem, or anyone's ideas on how I might fix it. I really don't want to have to start again with this, big bummer.

Thanks ever so much

Vako

Post subject: Re: Problem in CS, can't select with mouse or move
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:51 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: I-V + DLC
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 4
I would say to just restart the CS. If that doesn't work, then the problem most likely means that there is a dialog box up (usually only door dialog boxes). In that case just close the dialog box and it should work fine :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:47 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PC desktop
Welcome to the Forums vaknathi. If you care to give a minute to make yourself known in Welcomes and Goodbyes, I trust it'll pay well off. :D

In case VirtualWeasel's advice didn't help:

You mention "two years"... I take it all worked well back then? Do you still have the same PC? Give some system spec, please. And, which OS do you have, is that the same?

Only asking because some systems simply don't work with CS - there are people out there with everything ok... Morrowind and mods work fine, but not CS. The combination Vista + laptop seems to be the worst possible - like with TES games otherwise too.

And if you Google about it yourself, mention OS and some specs in the search. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:08 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: PC
Hi, and thanks

I've googled the problem, tried searching the forum but I think the search terms are too broad to come up with anything useful. I'll introduce myself when I get a bit to get my head around it, haven't gone much beyond the Morrowind Mod and Skyrim pages yet.

Windows 7 Home Premium
Inspiron 1545 (lap-top)
x64-based PC
Pentium Dual-Core CPU
ati mobility radeon hd 4330 (best graphics I've ever had, so beats nvidia for bug-freeness)

I've had no problems with the CS up to now, but then I had no problems with it in vista on a lap-top, nor with playing MW, though Oblivion was a bit niggly.

It did occur to me that I could paste the whole thing into a new cell. It would make for a rather dirty mod, at least until I can get the old cell either working or deleted (all the other cells seem to work fine, it's as if it was a bad save or something). It is just a personal mod though at present.

I'll get over to the welcome page soon, thanks

Vako

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:17 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: I-V + DLC
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 4
Glad you figured it out Vaknathi :mrgreen: Hope you get warm welcomes on the welcome thread :wink:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]