UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Missing Stone of Barenziah?...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:39 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Skyrim
Platform: PS3
UESPoints: 0
Completing 'No Stone Unturned' and the stone usually in Elenwen's Solar is missing - I've also checked in Reeking Cave and it's not there either.

I've been back through all the other areas that I've completed where stones are found and have collected them all - but I'm one short compared to the list and this is the only place I've been to and don't remember collecting a stone? Not sure what to do?...

Help would be appreciated!!

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Missing Stone of Barenziah?...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:52 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Did you check the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary? It's most likely there, if you haven't touched the Dark Brotherhood. If you don't want to join them, just check the wiki for the Destroying the Dark Brotherhood quest.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:01 am 
Master
Master

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY, Arena, Skyrim + DLCs | Battlespire/Redguard (bug fests that I didn't manage to complete)
Platform: PC,PS3
Quote:
Help would be appreciated!!

Double check every location that has a Stone and you'll eventually find it(Here you have the complete list).
The easiest to miss is probably the one in Fellglow Keep so start from there.

Stormcloak and Dunmer Lover of the UESP Forums

~ ~ ~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:10 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: PC & Xbox 360
My friend complained about this for ages and ages turned out it was in his house in solitude the manor or whatever he never even used the house before lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:22 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
I'm having the same problem. The ONLY location I haven't been to yet is the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, which accounts for 1 out of 24 stones. But I only have 22 of them even though I've repeatedly visited ALL 23 of the other locations (at least 5 or 6 times now) with the help of UESP Wiki. So there's a stone missing! I can only assume one of the following situations...

1. It's been been knocked from it's original position and is hidden somewhere it can't be seen, or is inaccessible, like behind a chest of drawers or under a bed. If it's in a non-respawning cell, no amount of waiting for the cell to respawn will return it to its original position. Yes, I've even tried waiting for 30+ days, then revisiting ALL 23 locations again. No joy.

2. It's fallen through the ground or floor and is inaccessible. I've had this happen before with a quest item (a unique bottle of Mead I had to collect) which, due to a physics glitch, had fallen through the box it was supposed to be in. I had to use the TCL (ToggleClipping) console command to find it. Turned out it had rolled INSIDE a nearby rock where it couldn't be seen.

3. The game has glitched and somehow deleted it from the game, so it no longer exists TO be found.

Who came up with this daft ongoing quest that slowly clutters your inventory with an ever-increasing number of unremovable quest items that WON'T STACK?! Whoever you are, I have just ONE sentence for you... You're an utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter SADIST! :Angry:

I've restarted a new game, and I'm not even going to bother with this lengthy and pointless quest. After all the effort you go to, the reward is just a permanent ability which gives you a greater chance of finding a few gems in most containers you loot or while Pickpocketing. By the time you get that ability, you'll have amassed SO much Gold that even Flawless Diamonds worth 1000 each are peanuts which might as well not be collected.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]